Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Beautiful Timing

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11)



"He has made everything beautiful in its time" (Ecclesiastes 3:11)


I am so impatient. I love the Jeremiah verse, but I don't know about you, but I find myself wondering most of the time, "ok, so when are these plans gonna happen?" I wanna know the when, more than I want to take God at his word. Waiting is hard, sometimes I adopt an attitude of, "you know NOW would be a good time for you to do this." The verse in Ecclesiastes has been an encouragement to me. This verse always helps me to remember, that God's timing is so much superior to my own. In my sinful arrogance, I actually believe I know when God should deliver and do things, that God should work to my time table. But I am realizing more and more that I need to trust the he is good in his dealings with his children and he is good in the timing of everything. Waiting is hard, and it stinks but that waiting should not lead me to impatience and bitterness, but should drive me to cling to Christ even more. We are called to trust that not only will he do good, but that his timing is good as well. This verse says it's BEAUTIFUL! This is a great promise that we can trust.

Don't give into impatience or cynicism, remember God does have good plans for you, and we are to take him at his word, not question the when or how or whatever, but follow and trust the one who says so. His timing will always be better than you can dream. Rest in his word, not how you feel. He is for you and wants you to trust him.

No comments:

Post a Comment